Brecon Foods is seeking talented people to join our diverse team. The ideal candidate is Food Safety driven and thrives in a team oriented and collaborative culture, providing value added services. As our Food Safety Coordinator you will approve GFSI accredited facilities based on our 400 point MAPTM assessment and ensure regulatory compliance. This candidate will be focused and have strong analytical skills. They should be able to think critically when issuing assessments and have a demonstrated experience in implementing best practices.
- Assess facilities under Brecon’s Manufacturing Approval Program
- Perform assessments and virtual audits of the company’s critical suppliers
- Evaluate facilities on Food Safety & Quality regulations FSMA &SFCR
- Work with management to define and develop corporate Food Safety strategy
- Lead BRC brokerage certification
- Develop, manage all regulatory information and maintain current knowledge base of
existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
- Oversee and manage compliance programs. (Organic, Kosher, CTPAT)
- Manage SOP system. Develop and implement requisite SOPs for compliance and
customer requirements and provide internal SOP compliance training.
- Interpret regulatory requirements or rule changes and ensure that they are
communicated through corporate policies and SOPs
- Perform and maintain a regulatory risk assessment (Industry recalls, food safety alerts)
and provide timely recommendations.
- Engage in on-going communication to resolve quality issues and ensure customer satisfaction
- Act as in-house counsel for quality issues, providing guidance.
- Lead investigation on quality problems with products.
- Organize food safety and Quality digital library.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- 1 – 2 years’ prior industry related Food Safety experience
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Focused and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team setting in a fast-paced office setting